7 Steps to teach any activity effectively
1. Introduce the activity clearly.
2. Give pupils clear instructions and make sure they know what to do.
3. Model the activity with a good pupil.
4. Get two pupils to model the activity ( public pair )
5. Specify some time for completing the activity in pairs ( private pairs )
6. Move around to monitor pupils, listen to or look at their performance.
7. Get some pairs to do the activity in public or elicit the answers orally from pupils involving as many pupils as possible.