Ten Skills a Primary Language Teacher Must have.
A Primary Language Teacher Must have the ability to:
1. understand well the characteristics of young learners whom he works with.
2. link his understanding of young learners with the teaching method and assessment procedures that he uses in the classroom.
3. adapt or create the most suitable learning environment for young learners.
4. use, adapt or create the most suitable resources and materials for young learners.
5. encourage children all the time and give them support and a feeling of achievement.
6. give them a good model for everything that happen in the classroom.
7. create a friendly classroom atmosphere in which children are encouraged to interact and express themselves freely without fear of making errors.
8. act, tell stories, sing, dramatize conversations, correct errors, praise high achievers and encourage lower ones.
9. use, adapt or create meaningful and purposeful language activities in which most children are involved.
10. manage the classroom well following a specific system.
Now it’s your turn, tell me one more ability that you consider it’s a must for primary language teacher.