Ten Abilities & Skills Primary Teachers of English Need to Have & Develop
1. Understanding and deal well with young learners knowing well their characteristics.
2. Understanding the process of teaching and learning with young learners and overcoming any challenge that may occur sometimes.
3. Creating a relax atmosphere in the classroom and a friendly relationship with the young learners.
4. Speaking English fluently with the correct pronunciation.
5. Creating various & interesting activities and suitable learning environment to get their attention all the time.
6. Selecting & using well the most suitable teaching methods & materials for young learners.
7. Designing suitable assessment tools for young learners and following the right procedures to evaluate them during the language lesson.
8. Encourage, praising and giving a hand to low achievers of young learners.
9. Creating and implementing a remedial programme to raise the level of low achievers.
10. Being an actor, a story-teller, caretaker, mentor to achieve learning objectives with fun.
What else do you think primary teachers of English need to have & develop?