Classroom management is mainly based on attracting and keeping your students’ attention. If you succeed to do that, you will be able to achieve your learning objectives easily. Here are some tips to attract your students’ attention
- Use a signal for zero noise (e.g. if I raise my hand, you all should keep silent.)
- Come close to two students chatting and surprise them.
- Give clear instructions for each activity telling students what to do exactly.
- When making transition from one activity to another, ask for your students’ attention.
- Eye contact with as many students as students to monitor the entire room.
- Differentiate and vary your activities during each lesson to break monotony.
- Ask questions to check students’ comprehension.
- Keep silent for some moments while looking at students until they pay full attention.