1. Pre-reading I:
- use brainstorming or spider maps,
- read the title and subtitles for students,
- encourage prediction and guessing.
2. First reading should be for gist (skimming):
Pupils read silently to answer a question that aims for the general theme of the text.
3. Second reading should be for details (scanning):
Pupils read again to remember details. I would allow pupils to read questions to realize for what purpose they are reading.
4. Post-reading I:
- discuss the text with students,
- ask students to evaluate the text and give opinions.
Look down, write your email address, and then click “Subscribe”