1. Pre-reading I:
- use brainstorming or spider maps,
- read the title and subtitles for students,
- encourage prediction and guessing.
2. First reading should be for gist (skimming):
Pupils read silently to answer a question that aims for the general theme of the text.
3. Second reading should be for details (scanning):
Pupils read again to remember details. I would allow pupils to read questions to realize for what purpose they are reading.
4. Post-reading I:
- discuss the text with students,
- ask students to evaluate the text and give opinions.
And, if you are interested in being informed with these specific, focused TEFL question-answer posts once they’re published, you can subscribe to 1-min Eltt guide list.
Look Down, Write Your Email Address, and then Click “Subscribe to list”
Subscribe to 1-min Eltt guide list