There are a number of reasons that cause reading comprehension to fail. Students should be aware of these reasons and then identify the solutions for them applying the appropriate reading strategies that can cause success to reading comprehension. The following are the main factors that hinder reading comprehension:
- Limited perceptual span.
- Faulty eye movement.
- Faulty attention and concentration habits.
- Lack of practice.
- Lack of interest.
- Poor evaluation of important and less important parts.
- Reasonable wholesome remembering rather than selective remembering.
In addition, there are some hindering factors related to the readers’ habits and others are text related. Go to the Printables library and read the printable that shows these factors and how to deal with them to gain positive results in reading comprehension tasks.
Reminder: Printables library is password protected. If you are one of my blog followers, you have already got the password to access my printables library for FREE. If you are not, and want to read my printables for FREE, Join my email list to receive the password to the library. I update my printables’ library regularly with new, focused and effective ELT printables.
Ready for FREE printables?
Moreover, If you are interested in how to teach reading comprehension and want practical tips to do so in the classroom, you can buy my latest eBook: Teaching Reading Comprehension to ESL/EFL Learners: A Practical Classroom Guide With Sample Reading Lesson Plans. Although it costs little but it includes much benefit especially for ESL/EFL teachers who search for practical steps that engage their students in reading and produce positive results. The main ideas tackled in this eBook are:
* The nature of reading comprehension.
* What should be done before starting a reading lesson.
* Reading comprehension strategies and activities.
* How to work with a reading text.
* How to plan a reading lesson (with a model reading lesson plan).
* How to develop your students’ reading comprehension so as to be efficient & advanced.
By selling this eBook, you will not only have control on teaching reading comprehension in the classroom but also you will support me with little money to continue my mission of helping ESL/EFL teachers teach English language more effectively.
In addition, You can also get my eBook “Teaching Beginning Reading to ESL/EFL Learners” now for the lowest price for a limited time.
I’ve decided to write this eBook to exchange my experience with the teachers on the techniques they should use in the classroom, the guidelines they should follow and the reading tasks that can get most students to read in ESL/EFL classes with ease and in a fairly short time.
The main ideas tackled in this eBook are:
* What reading is.
* Approaches to teaching beginning reading.
* Stages of teaching beginning reading.
* Sample activities for beginning reading.
* Guideline before beginning to teach reading in ESL/EFL.
By selling this eBook, you will not only learn how to teach beginning reading to your students in the classroom but also you will support me with little money to continue my mission of helping ESL/EFL teachers teach English language more effectively.
Look down, write your email address, and then click “Subscribe”
Subscribe to our Blog