For visual learners, I should:
- Use visual materials such as pictures, charts, maps, graphs, etc.
- Use body language and facial expressions.
- Use colors to highlight important points in text.
- Encourage taking notes and provide handouts.
- Use an illustration for main ideas or brainstorming bubbles before writing.
- Write a story and illustrate it.
- Use multi-media (e.g. computers, videos, and filmstrips)
- Teach in a quiet place away from verbal disturbances.
- Visualize information as a picture to aid memorization.
For auditory learners, I should:
- Run class discussions/debates.
- Make speeches and presentations.
- Read text out aloud.
- Use music to aid memorization
- Discuss my ideas verbally.
- Use dictation tasks.
- Use verbal analogies, and story telling to demonstrate my points.
For tactile/Kinesthetic learners, I should:
- Give frequent study breaks.
- Encourage moving around when learning new things.
- Use bright colors to highlight reading material.
- Dress up my work space with posters.
- Encourage listening to music while learning.
- Use total physical response teaching approach.
Look down, write your email address, and then click “Subscribe”