For visual learners, I should:
- Use visual materials such as pictures, charts, maps, graphs, etc.
- Use body language and facial expressions.
- Use colors to highlight important points in text.
- Encourage taking notes and provide handouts.
- Use an illustration for main ideas or brainstorming bubbles before writing.
- Write a story and illustrate it.
- Use multi-media (e.g. computers, videos, and filmstrips)
- Teach in a quiet place away from verbal disturbances.
- Visualize information as a picture to aid memorization.
For auditory learners, I should:
- Run class discussions/debates.
- Make speeches and presentations.
- Read text out aloud.
- Use music to aid memorization
- Discuss my ideas verbally.
- Use dictation tasks.
- Use verbal analogies, and story telling to demonstrate my points.
For tactile/Kinesthetic learners, I should:
- Give frequent study breaks.
- Encourage moving around when learning new things.
- Use bright colors to highlight reading material.
- Dress up my work space with posters.
- Encourage listening to music while learning.
- Use total physical response teaching approach.
And, if you are interested in being informed with these specific, focused TEFL question-answer posts once they’re published, you can subscribe to 1-min Eltt guide list.
Look Down, Write Your Email Address, and then Click “Subscribe to list”
Subscribe to 1-min Eltt guide list