At the end of this lesson, students would learn about this person and write one paragraph about his or her life.
I would plan this lesson in the following steps:
1. First, I should create interest among students by asking them:
- Do you know (the name of the famous person)?
- What do you know about him or her?
- What would you like to know about him/her?
2. Next, I would allow students to quickly read the text to see if it answered any of the previous questions.
3. Then, I would pre-teach potentially problematic vocabulary and phrases and give any possible practice exercises on them to check and reinforce their understanding and pronunciation.
4. After that, I ask students to read the text again for detailed information, and then I would give them some comprehension task such as:
- True/false questions.
- Fill-in-the-spaces questions.
5. At the end, I would ask students to write a paragraph about this famous person and for homework I would ask them to write a paragraph about another famous person they are interested in and know information about him/her.
Look down, write your email address, and then click “Subscribe”
Subscribe to our Blog